Monday, January 17, 2011

Of course it’s unreasonable to expect every weekend to be as great as last weekend, but nonetheless, I was hoping for something a little more exciting this weekend.  There was really just something kind of “blah” about it.  In hindsight, it’s probably really good for me to have weekends like the one we just had because one of my goals is to learn to relax and just go with the flow and not feel compelled to always be up and doing something productive.  I have told John I will try harder at this, and I meant it when I said it.  Anyway, we took a little drive to Trinity Friday evening to look at an adorable house we saw online.  At first (about a month or so ago), we really liked the Trinity area.  However, our friends, Nate and Emily, told us they wouldn’t hang out with us if we moved “all the way to Trinity” (20-30 minutes), which made us think twice about actually moving there.  I’m certain they would hang out with us if we lived there, but we at least took into consideration that it would require more driving than we’re used to.  It wasn’t like we were super serious; we were just having fun looking.  Then we found the adorable home in Palm Harbor that ended up being outside of our price range.  I mentioned to John, again, a few days ago, that I really like the Trinity area.  It’s nice, clean, safe, has great schools, and is less expensive (granted, it’s a little further out) than the area where we currently live.  Just for the fun of it, we started looking again in the Trinity area (www.zillow.com is our new favorite website,) and John found the adorable white home with an (almost) wrap-around porch that we went to see Friday night.  It was really no big surprise to us that there was a “Sale Pending” sign, as this has been the case with 2 or 3 of the homes, in various areas, that we’ve liked.  We drove around a little while longer and saw another super cute house, very much the same style as the “Sale Pending” home,” but we were surprised to find out it’s only 2 bedrooms.  We’re looking for at least 3. 

We had planned to use one of our many gift cards that we got for our wedding and/or for Christmas, but we decided that Chick-Fil-A sounded delicious and went there instead.  I joked with John that we drove all the way to Trinity to eat at Chick-Fil-A.  We didn’t do much when we got home.  We played on the internet, watched some tv, and went to bed.  I was really excited about sleeping in Saturday morning, but I woke up with bad stomach cramps at 7:45am and never went back to sleep.  We lounged for quite some time, and I finally convinced John to go eat at First Watch, my favorite breakfast place ever.  I don’t even have to look at the menu: veggie skillet, eggs overhard, substitute the muffin of the day, cut in half and grilled, for the English muffin, and a Diet Coke.  It is truly the perfect meal.  John likes First Watch, but he doesn’t get nearly as excited about it as I do.  However, they had biscuits and gravy Saturday morning, which they normally don’t have; it’s apparently a special that they run every now and then.  Needless to say, he was a happy camper.  By the time we were finished with lunch, I was exhausted (partially from waking up early and partially because I ate every bite of food on my plate.)  I really could’ve slept for the rest of the day, but we decided it was too nice outside to be inside, so we met up with Pic & Erika and went to the, get ready for it… FLEA MARKET!  If you’ve never been, you should definitely go.  It is beyond entertaining.  There are some very interesting people, and they sell some very interesting crap.  I mean junk.  I mean items.  I felt like a zombie walking around there and couldn’t wait to get home for a nap. 

John and Pic had a “date night” at Cricketeers while Erika, Amanda, and I ate Greek food, Oreos, and watched The Princess and the Frog, which was super cute.  During the movie, I got a text from Pic saying that John’s phone was out of commission because it fell in the toilet.  At first, I didn’t believe him.  I actually had to ask him 3 times before I finally believed him.  What happened was… They were at Cricketeers, and John had to go to the bathroom.  No big surprise.  The bathroom lights were the motion-sensor lights, and they turned off while John was, well, on the pot.  He texted Pic to please come in there and open the door so the lights would come back on, and then he set his phone down on the toilet paper holder.  Once the lights were back on and John was finished in the bathroom, he accidentally knocked the phone into the toilet.  Mind you, this is the 2nd phone my husband has drowned in a toilet.  Anyway, when I got home, the boys were watching a stand-up comedian.  Pic left, and I played Just Dance by myself because John still can’t bring himself to join in the fun.  I think I danced to at least 9 songs and definitely worked up a sweat.

John wasn’t feeling well Sunday morning, so he didn’t go to church.  By the time I decided whether I was going or not, it was too late to go to Gulfcoast, so I went to Building 28.  I was having a terrible morning, so I left after the music and went home.  I spent the rest of the day grocery shopping, picking up my birth control, getting an oil change, doing laundry, cleaning, and then making enchiladas to have for the rest of the week, chicken chili for John to have for lunch for the week, and homemade chicken salad for my lunch for the rest of the week.  John and I played a little Super Mario on the Wii last night, and I danced a few songs on Just Dance.  There you have it, our weekend.

This week is going to be a little busy.  Tomorrow is my last day at Munce, and it’s very bittersweet.  I work with some pretty amazing people.  I am, however, very excited about starting my new job on Wednesday.  I’ll be a case manager for Child Protective Services, and it’s going to be the most challenging job I’ve ever had.  I really can’t wait, though!  We’re going to dinner with John’s parents Thursday night at Maggiano’s, one of my all-time favorites.  John leaves for Louisville, KY on Sunday for a training, and I start my 6-week training in Sarasota on Monday.  Not to mention, we might get together with Malena Wednesday night, and I need to have about 4 catch-up phone dates with some of my girl friends that don’t live here.  Like I said, it’s going to be a busy week.   

1 comment:

  1. It's those times when you're feeling terrible that you should stay at church. I'm just saying....

    ReplyDelete